Students involved: Stage two students of two modules (German, Transcultural Encounters & Spanish, Latin American Culture)
Why we did it:
- To ensure that SLCL modules are accessible to all students
- To support our students learning with a consistent approach to the module design in the VLE
What was done?
- Both modules were designed in Brightspace with accessibility guidelines in mind
- Modules designed followed Universal Design for Learning Principles with the special focus on
- Module Information Provision
- Module Communication
- Design of My Learning space
- Both module designs were presented during EdTECx talks at UCD on 13th March 2019 with the reference to SLCL guidelines – PPT and the video below.
- Work on school’s guidelines on accessibility
- Design your modules as per the recommendations – below videos on how to make your modules accessible in Brightspace by Eva Kilar-Magdziarz
- If you are interested in the programme and module design…
- There are a number of support activities provided centrally and locally at SLCL so please contact the educational technologists for more information