Welcome to the UCDictionary!
The UCDictionary Project celebrates our multilingual community and empowers students and teachers to embrace and share their language skills whatever they may be. We are creating a crowd-sourced, multilingual dictionary of special words and phrases from any language that will enrich our shared linguistic landscape. The UCDictionary includes, but is not limited to:
- Untranslatable words
- Colloquial expressions, slang, and terms from different dialects
- Underused words
- Neologisms (new words or words invented by members of the community that they would like to share)
- Lost words (words that have fallen out of usage that members of the community would like to bring back).
- We need your input to ensure the UCDictionary is as diverse as possible! You can submit your special word from any language or dialect here: https://forms.gle/cn8vGuqUupGkxJoh9
For Junior Cycle and Transition Year students, we also have prizes of €50, €30 and €10 for the most exciting/fun/funny/interesting/surprising entries! You can find the competition entry form here: https://forms.gle/Wwk4qRzSpbJyQwb36 The deadline to win a prize is June 8th!
Want to learn more? Try playing the UCDictionary Game! This is an online resource that will:
- test your knowledge of how dictionaries work
- direct you to external links where you can learn more
- introduce the UCDictionary and what makes it special
- help you contribute your own special word to the UCDictionary
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Email us at email@example.com
Language Lovers: don’t let lockdown get you down! The UCDictionary has online games and great prizes for Junior Cycle and Transition year students!