WITH A FOCUS ON A RAPID DEVELOPMENT E-AUTHORING TOOL
What have we done?
In summer 2020, just when Covid-19 pandemic was upon UCD SLCL, we designed and developed new language and content modules for undergraduate students of Business and Languages to undertake in UCD during the Autumn trimester because they could not travel to the host countries as part of the Erasmus Year Abroad.
The project was undertaken by all four languages at our school and aimed at providing best learning experiences for the students.
Design and develop synchronous online language modules. The aims of these modules were to:
- Improve the linguistic and socio-cultural competence of the students by using the target language.
- Gain a better understanding of the host country, its people and its culture.
- Maximise the use of educational technologies.
Language Tutors and Designers
- Imogen Long
- Beatriz Rubio Martínez
- Michael Wiedorn
- Silvia Benini
- Stephan Ehrig
- Zeineb Bahri
Check out our video overview:
How did we do it?
- We have been working closely with the content designers and followed ADDIE as a project management tool and online learning approach
- We used the following educational technologies:
- VLE Brightspace with its functions such as: Module Overviews, Module Units, Quizzes and Assignments
- Rapid Development Tool: Articulate Rise 360
- Virtual Classroom tool for synchronous delivery